Tuesday 20 November 2007

Timed Efforts

Yep, that's what the Garscube schedule stated. Like every other member, I turned up expecting a 5k time trial. That's what the coach sneakily described it as before. I never thought I see the day when I said this, but I was disappointed it wasn't a time trial. It was a rep session based on pyramids. Reps on time (ascents and descents) rather than distance.

Despite my morning trauma of my morning tooth extraction, I was really looking forward to the time trial. More because I wanted to gauge what improvement my new training plan had made.

Anyway, it wasn't to be. Timed efforts it was. The packs were broken up differently tonight. Usually I do Tuesday sessions with packs slower than me. But tonight I was out with the three packs above me. It was very tough, but very worthwhile. It gave me more confidence to know that I could hang on behind them.

5.5 miles. Reps 1min, 2mins, 3mins, 3mins, 2mins, 3mins, 3mins, hill up to the top gate, recovery.

Had a long chat with coach Lesley regarding next step in the training plan. We discussed key races, club runs, speed training, tempos, training pace and WHW training runs. She going to compile a plan based on this. My main focus is a January 10k, Balloch half, London Marathon and WHW.

No comments: