Tuesday 4 December 2007

Science class

Tonight's Garscube session was reps round the science park. This may sound quite exciting, but in reality the science park is a business estate on the outskirts of Maryhill. Inspired. Leaving the Garscube Estate and heading over, we were joined by a group of gobby youngsters. I know I'm aging, but I swear they looked about seven-years-old. It was funny enough that they started the warm-up running alongside us, but it was even funnier when one wee girl stated calling me "big t*ts". Considering I'm a 32A this was the best thing I've been called in years. Actually, maybe she was saying "you are a big t*t".

Anyway the group were split in three. Our pack was moved up to the intermediate gang. I knew it was going to be tough, because some of the faster boys had dropped back for an "easy session". There was me and three of my E pack that were pulled along.

The circular route is about 450m. A few sharp bends, but no hills. The wind picked up, so the last stretch was a struggle.

We did 10 reps - with a 3.5minute turnaround. Just for the record (the boring bit) my times were 1.41, 1.40, 1.39, 1.39, 1.39, 1.38, 1.41, 1.40, 1.41, 1.39.

No comments: