Monday 17 December 2007

Step class



It's still over a week to go until Christmas and I feel I need Priory mini-break already. Last week passed in a splurge of over-indulgence. Red wine and chocolate were the main components of my diet. After Marco told me before yesterday's race that "Elves aren't supposed to smell like winos" I thought I better dry out for a couple of days. But not before another Christmas party. The Garscube annual ceilidh. My Marco is very enthusiastic when it comes to our traditional dance. Needless to say after a couple of JDs and a few gigs in girlie shoes, I'm black and blue and my arms need re-socketed.

I also presented Garscube: The Oscars. This is the club's alternative awards. More of a p*ss take. Verging on the offensive.

http://www.garscubeharriers.co.uk/documents/The%20Garscube%20Oscars%20Presentation.pdf

Anyway, after waking up feeling slightly delicate...and confused as to why I was wearing Marco's Santa suit as PJs...I was surprised that I was still looking forward to Kelvingrove step reps after work. Any other suggestion would have been thrown out, but this is my favourite session just now. I took most of the day to convince Marco into joining me. And it took us about 20 minutes to get out of the car. As the cars around us were freezing over, the great outdoors was less that inviting.

After a short warm up, we headed to the steps with a view to completing a set of 12. My muscles were cold and tight, but running made me feel so much better. Good start to the detox. Only three more sleeps to the next party ;-)

Times were 0.37, 0.37, 0.37, 0.37, 0.37, 0.36, 0.36, 0.36, 0.36, 0.36, 0.36 and 0.35.

No comments: