Friday 4 January 2008

Dragged myself back to the gym at lunchtime today. I bet in every city across the world, the gyms will be jammed-packed and buzzing. Full of highly motivated detoxers, full of the joys of a new year. Not in Glasgow though. In true west of Scotland style, the gym was pretty vacant. Just the usual 20-odd folk pretending to work out when really their watching the crazy burds in their body combat (or something of that ilk) class. I'm sure it will be a different story tonight, but I've only ventured there once after 6pm. I'll never quite understand why people queue to walk on a treadmill or pedal on a stationary bike. I generally just do some core work and dabble with some leg weights.


Latest edition of My Race is out now.
There's a fabulous feature on new year's resolution, written by yours truly. Read about my first attempts at cross-country, road relays and hill running.
I'd give you clue....but it's available in all good running shops and Debenhams.


Having a night in tonight. Novel, but blissful. Marco's running in the Nigel Barge 10K tomorrow. I'm not. No excuses, I'm just not. We're presently watching the WHW DVD. He's taking notes, analysing maps and times and I'm writing my blog. Who says romance is dead? This is what newly-weds do of a Friday night.

No comments: