Tuesday 4 March 2008

Science class

Never have I read a more truthful statement than: how long five minutes is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on. And tonight I learned that the length of short or medium reps depends on which coach is in charge. Tonight it was coach Lesley, so Stevie's medium rep course became our short rep course.

It was bitter cold, so I was glad we didn't venture far. Just across the road, to the Science Park. It may sound scenic, but it's really a modern office park at the top of Maryhill Road. The rep is approx 450 metres. I was in with three girls who are faster that me, so that really pushed me. Although Coach Lesley warned everyone who was doing Balloch half not to blast it. On hindsight maybe I was blasting it and they were taking it easy. Eck! Anyway, I finished the 8 x sets in 1.48, 1.44, 1.44, 1.40, 1.40, 1.38, 1.39, 1.38. Approx same times as last time, but with much shorter recoveries - and not after speed session the night before.

No comments: