Tuesday 20 May 2008

Dawsholm hill reps

Woohoo! Got my mojo back. Last week was one big low point. I don't know whether it was back-to-back speed sessions or generally feeling a bit lousy, but every run was awful. Thankfully, I knew from this morning that I was back on track. Tonight, even from the word go my legs felt lighter and my breathing was fine.

For obvious reasons, Sonic bowed out from tonight's club training. Although when I went to my pilates class at lunchtime, I glanced out of the window to see him bouncing along on the treadmill. Some people never learn.


Tonight was hill reps - which is probably my favourite rep session. I don't have any stats, but we did 8 x Dawsholm hills. It's a steady incline for about 200-300m. There's usual lots of dodgy people in cars hanging out. You know, tokers, doggers and rent boys. It's always an experience. And if you manage to miss the culture, there's a high probability that you could be taken out by a boy racer or an Arctic lorry leaving the depot. Plenty to keep you on your toes.

As most folks are either running Helensburgh on Thursday or had just done the women's 10K, the focus was on style rather than speed. I had a great run and feel much happier and more positive.

No comments: