Wednesday 30 July 2008

A bit of everything. Just slower.

Despite a late night and long drive back from the wedding, I was still up with the larks and keen to go to the gym. Usually I have to blackmail Sonic into coming with me, but today I had the silent guilt trip. I think he felt obliged to after helping him with his training yesterday and then subjecting me to the drunken wedding frenzy. I swore I wasn't going to be one of those "I am pregnant you know" moaners, but I'll take it while I can. The good thing about pregnancy, is that hangovers can't get in the way of training. So off I went to the gym for a 30 minutes session on the elliptical trainer (on a low level) and then some gentle swimming. I think Sonic half-heatedly did some cycling and dabbled with some weights before resigning to the spa pool.

When I got home I went for a four-mile jog at 9.30 minute mile pace and then cycled round with Sonic on his seven-miler.

Sonic's alternative blog report: He finally lost the big toe nail than been threatening to fall off since the WHW. After getting up at 6am with a mild hangover, kicking the door nearly sent him over. Despite the trauma he was a brave soldier and didn't even whine too much on the way to the gym &-) Tonight, he went for a seven-mile tempo. Like most boys, he tends to go out and blast round as fast as he can. I'm trying to get him to structure the runs: easy two (PE* 7); interval for three (PE 8); easy for one (PE 6); and fast finish (PE 8 and then 9). We went over the seven mile route through Dumbarton. It's quite hilly at the start, so good for keeping steady. We must have been getting some strange looks - especially when I was cycling next to him shouting: "that doesn't look like a 7 from here!". Splits after the two mile warm-up were 6:30, 6:48, 6:48, 7:55 and 6:50

* PE - perceived effort.

2 comments:

Marco Consani said...

Woohoo. Having a baby is great. Free lifts home, someone to look after me when I am pie-eyed and a fab coach to boot. :-)
I am excited about having Debs as a coach. It is a different way for me to train but already I am starting to feel very positive about it.

Thanks babes.

Mxxxx

Debs M-C said...

...and don't forget the mobile hydration pack.

I think you're getting me out on my bike to make sure I don't get too fat! ;-) Te he.

xx