Friday 10 October 2008

Friday fun

I think I'm going to have to change the name of my blog to "Debs on walk-jogging". That's what happens when you get a bit cocky. After feeling great during Sunday's race, I went out for a 6-miler on Tuesday and a 4-miler last night. Let's just things didn't go so well. I can say specifically what went wrong. My legs felt fine and my breathing was OK. Quite frankly, I just couldn't be a*sed. I think I'm just having a temporary loss of mojo, as I don't think it's time to hang up my trainers quite yet. Or maybe it's just running after work and not appreciating that I'm a little more tired than normal. Anyway in a vain attempt to keep going, I've ditched pace watching but I'm still wearing my Garmin so I can tally up my yearly mileage. Pace is not important and walking breaks are OK. It's just the motion of running that's key.

So other than feeling a bit knackered these days, things are all grand in Team Consani. I have to admit I'm getting more ditzy though. I'm usually quite freakishly organised, so I'm finding this new scatterbrained character quite embarrassing. I sure the receptionist at the gym thinks I'm completely mental. In the last month, I've managed to leave behind a swimsuit, sports bottle, my trainers and an ipod. Thankfully each time, a kind member has handed them in to lost property. But when I left my umbrella in there last Friday, I went and bought another. I couldn't face the shame.

Have a nice weekend y'all.

Congratulations to Thomas for running a fabulous time of 2:48:19 in the Cologne Marathon, beating Sonic's PB by a whopping four seconds. Thomas - thanks for the heads-up on the marathons with baby joggers. That's a great idea! And good luck to Mr and Mrs Pacepusher for this Sunday's Chicago Marathon

3 comments:

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

Hey Deb..the scatty feeling never goes away!

Cotton wool brain.


I have Tagged you. See my blog for what to do.
x

Lee Maclean said...

Debs,
As above the ditzyness doesnt shift after the baby is born....

.... 14 and a half years down the line I'm STILL waiting to return to normal lol

LMx

N.D. said...

listen to your body! I need to ditch the pace too. And just do whatever my body feels like. Love the new name. haha. That cracked me up. (debs on walk-jogging