Tuesday 25 November 2008

Slowing down

OK, I confess, there hasn't been much running going on. I did a grand total of four miles last week. I was planning on going out for a "long" run on Sunday, but the weather was awful. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd put off a run due to wild conditions. But that day came and went. And so did the notion of running. To be fair, I have been going to the gym everyday. Mostly using the elliptical trainer (kinda like running), cycling and swimming. There was a news story in most of the papers last week about swimming during pregnancy eases labour pains, so I've spent every spare minute in the pool. Of course, next week's news will probably break research on swimming causing terminal illnesses and birth defects.

I really need to invest in a new swimsuit though. As my bump gets bigger, the top gets lower. I'm sure I'm giving the goggle-clad swimmers a bit of a eyeful :-)

3 comments:

Clare said...

you're doing great...i've kind of given up completely (maybe one day of working out a week)...i neverthought i would, and i don't have much of an excuse, but...oh well! i juts hope it'll be easy to get back into it. probably better to never get out of the habit, so keep it up!

John Kynaston said...

Good to read you are well and still getting some exercise.

Are you planning to post another photo soon so we can see how big you are????

John

N.D. said...

You're still doing great working out everyday. LOL about the swimming being good then bad. I have to find more pool time. When did running start to decline? I can feel it coming and I feel larger everyday. 28 weeks is this Friday for me, I think you are about a month ahead of me so 32 weeks? I hope to still be working out like you full time! And I agree w/ the swim suit, the top keeps getting lower!!!